Wednesday 24 March 2010

I'm shocked, shocked...

To slightly paraphrase Captain Renault's reaction on "discovering" that gambling was going on in Rick's Place can I just echo the sentiment:that I'm shocked by the kind of stuff people circulate on the interweb.
 Like this below dear reader, sent by an English friend of mine and titled : "Confucius say, if you are in a bookstore and can't find the book for which you search, then you're obviously in the":














I'm sure, dear reader, that you, like me instantly recognise that the implied comic effect derives solely from the juxtaposition of a question posed in English and the store sign transcribed from Chinese.


This is an example of the kind of thing that's all too prevalent  today as is illustrated by the instance below - an image not dissimilar to one that appeared some time ago in The, er, uhm, Jaggy Thistle, now that come to think of it.

Listen, just forget I said anything.....



No comments: