It is thought the new plan, unlike the old plan, will focus primarily on overseas visitor markets which meet one crucial criterion - not being the USA.
Key points in the new plan include:
- Emphasise the key role that Scottish immigrants/scientists/inventors etc. played in the creation and development of any country that is not the USA
- Make up some plausible number of Burns suppers held every year in any country that is not the USA
- Point to the many bottles of whisky that every year are drunk by people who aren't citizens of the USA
- Studiously ignore the formation of the Tripoli Tartan Army
- Pray that something turns up
- Work on your cv