Thursday 9 September 2010

Oh Christ...

Artist Peter Howson stunned the art world this week by saying that his previous work had been "overly frivolous and far too light-hearted." 


Unveiling his latest work, featuring a Christ-like figure enduring agonising pain, he told The JT: "This is the last painting I do that is cheery and uplifting. From now on I intend to work exclusively in black pigment. My future work will look, to the untutored eye, just like a big block of black paint."


Mr Howson, in a no way obsessive manner, returned again to the question of his religious affiliation. According to  a report in The Herald, he denies any wish to practise as a Roman Catholic, although it is thought that he definitely helps them out when they get busy. 


















Inside: I'm so sorry, but I just couldn't resist linking to this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VqY6hLosCo

No comments: